What Terminal is Hawaiian Airlines at JFK are described by us in this blog. savor the spirit of aloha before you even leave the ground at JFK by checking in at the Hawaiian Airlines terminal. The carrier flies to and from the following JFK terminals:
Cellphone waiting lot: When you arrive at JFK, if you’re picking someone up from their flight, you can wait for them in the cell phone waiting lot until they text or call you to come to the terminal. The lot is located at Lefferts Boulevard and South Conduit Avenue, and it’s free to use.
The different terminals at JFK
The different terminals Hawaiian Airlines operates out JFK include:
- Terminal 8: This is the primary terminal for all Hawaiian Airlines’ international and domestic flights. Hourly parking and short-term parking is available at Terminal 8. You’ll also find several restaurants and shopping stores here.
- Terminal 9: This terminal is used for Hawaiian Airlines’ luggage handling needs, and it’s located right next to Terminal 8.
- Terminal 4: Hawaiian Airlines’ tickets to and from Hawaii can also be purchased at Terminal 4. However, this terminal is not used for departures or arrivals — meaning no flights depart/arrive to/from Hawaii from Terminal 4.
It’s important to know which terminal you are traveling to/from before you arrive at JFK. Terminal 8 is the primary terminal that Hawaiian Airlines operates out of — which is where the check-in desks, baggage claim, and other amenities are located. If you’re unsure, double-check with your airline to make sure you go to the correct terminal building.
Read More What Terminal is Philippine Airlines in LAX
Why knowing your terminal is important
Knowing your terminal is important for numerous reasons. First and foremost, it allows you to arrive at the correct terminal on time and avoid any delays or unnecessary complications. Being aware of which terminal you need to go to means you will receive up-to-date information in regards to any changes and can plan ahead accordingly.
Additionally, many terminals at JFK (like Terminal 8 and 4) contain restaurants and shopping stores, giving you access to any last minute food, beverages or souvenirs you may need prior to your flight. These terminals also provide information counters and self-service kiosks for those that may need assistance with their check-in.
Given the size of JFK airport, it’s important to know the terminal airlines operate out of to ensure your trip is both enjoyable and stress-free.
Tips for finding your terminal
For best results, confirm your terminal with your airline prior to departure. Here are some tips to help you find the correct terminal:
- Check your airline terminal online: Many airlines have websites listing the correct terminal for their departure and arrival flights, including Terminal 8 and 4 for Hawaiian airlines at JFK.
- Use an airport finder app: Airport finder apps are available for both iOS and Android, and will list all the terminals for different airlines.
- Research the Transfer Desk: If you are transferring at JFK, you can use the Transfer Desk to help you find the right terminal.
- Ask the airport staff: If all else fails, you can check in with the airport staff and they should be able to tell you the correct terminal.
By following these steps and confirming your terminal, you should be able to find the right terminal in no time and get on your way.
Once you’re at the airport
Once you are at the airport and have confirmed the terminal, there are some things you need to consider or do to ensure a smooth flight. Here are some tips:
- Check the airport sign: The airport sign should indicate from which terminal your flight is departing from.
- Get to security: Once you know your departing terminal, head to the security checkpoint.
- Don’t forget your boarding pass: Make sure you have printed or downloaded your boarding pass before leaving for the airport.
- Check the monitors: Keep an eye out for any changes or updates to your flight’s departure time or gate.
- Find your gate: After clearing security, look for your gate number on the monitors and head there.
By following these steps, you can be sure that once you reach the airport you are already well prepared for getting to your gate and eventually on your plane.
Wrapping – What Terminal is Hawaiian Airlines at JFK
When you fly Hawaiian Airlines to JFK, make sure you have confirmed the terminal ahead of time so you can be prepared. Once you know the terminal and are at the airport, make sure you check the airport sign, go to the security checkpoint, have your boarding pass ready, be knowledgeable of any changes or updates to your flight, and find your gate. With these tips, you can ensure a smooth transition to your gate and eventually onto the plane.